3.14.2012

Psalm 139:7-12

God is Pursuing You

Psalm 139:7-12 says,
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10 Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,” Even the night shall be light about me; 12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

David, after his realization of God's omniscience, expresses that God is also omnipresent and therefore nobody could possibly escape from Him. In verse 12 we read that,  "The darkness and the light are both alike to You." In other words God transcends darkness, light, time, space, and everything else in the universe. God knows everything about you, but more than this - He knows you intimately, and He wants you to know Him deeper as well. Verses 7-12 tells us God is everywhere, but this also means He is always with you. 




Hebrews 13:5 says, 
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you. 

This verse was actually a quote from Joshua 1:5 where God assured Joshua the same thing. We know from scripture that God was with Joshua too, even up to his death. God will be with you as well. His word assures us that if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. 


So God knows us and there is no escaping Him. Yet God loves us and places a value on us! How can this be? In verse 10 we read, "Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me." He loves us enough to send His Son to die for our sins, and He has a purpose for our lives. This is why He leads us. As He does so He also protects us by holding us in His right hand, which is another way of saying we are secure within His grasp. 


So whenever you feel like nobody knows or understands you - God does more than you even do. 


When you feel like nobody is there for you - God is, and He will never leave you.


When you feel like you have no value - God, that is THE GOD OF ALL THE UNIVERSE valued you enough to send His own Son to die for you. 


When you feel like you have no direction in life - God wants to lead you in the purpose He has planned for you.


When you feel weak and vulnerable - God wants to protect you within His hand and never let you go!

Go to Him today and see what He has ready for you - you will not be disappointed for He loves you!